Card counting is a casino card game strategy used primarily in the blackjack family of casino games to determine whether the next hand is likely to give a probable advantage to the player or to the dealer. Card counters are a class of advantage players, who attempt to decrease the inherent casino house edge by keeping a running tally of all high and low valued cards seen by the player. Card counting allows players to bet more with less risk when the count gives an advantage as well as minimize losses during an unfavorable count. Card counting also provides the ability to alter playing decisions based on the composition of remaining cards. Card counting also refers to obtaining a count of the distribution or of the remaining high cards in trick-taking games such as contract bridge or spades.
Contrary to the popular myth, card counters do not need unusual mental abilities in order to count cards, because they are not tracking and memorizing specific cards. Instead, card counters assign a point score to each card they see that estimates the value of that card, and then they track only the sum of these values. (This is called keeping a “running count.”) The myth that counters keep track of every card was portrayed in the movie Rain Man, in which the savant character Raymond Babbitt counts through six decks with ease and a casino employee erroneously comments that it is impossible to count six decks.
How The Problem Is Solved
- POS Connect installs a single windows based server and integrates with the intelligent card shoe allowing them to see all cards which are dealt from the shoe. This gives them 100% accuracy on card suit identification.
- eConnect™ deploys an IP based integration to all major surveillance systems or will provide the customer with the right surveillance equipment.
- The Casino Connect™ software will synchronize the card-shoe data with the surveillance cameras giving the business operator a tool to proactively monitor for card counting/advantage play.
- Casino Connects™ Custom Query Builder and Behavioral Intelligence Modules will allow the operator to see historical events so nothing is missed. This is especially important on busy weekends and holidays where priorities may be focused on other areas.
- Casino Connects™ Case Manager allows operators to isolate any card counting activity and export the data and video, which can be used to share with the surveillance networks to stop the individuals from hitting other gaming operators.
- Increases casino hold/profitability.
- Decreases investigation and monitoring time doing blackjack countdowns.
- Increases productivity of surveillance room and staff.
- Allows one person to perpetually countdown all BJ tables at the same time.